CAS

CAS

Monday, February 24, 2014

Dragon Magazine Art - Dragon #1 - 3



Dragon Magazine Art - Dragon #1 - 3

3).

Dragon #1 Page 5
Artist: Unknown


This lightly drawn and small illustration was the banner top for Tim Kask's editorials. While there isn't much to it the drawing does manage to depict the cauldron that was used as the title of the editorial column. I don't particularly like it and it seems something of a throw away picture unfortunately. The kettle is oddly drawn, I've never been sure what the black smears on the surface are meant to represent and the runes beneath the mantel are an odd combination that look to me as if they were just added to give the image some kind of magic-icity. A thumbs down for me. It seems like the last thing anyone would want in the very first issue of their brand new magazine is bad art, but so far that seems to be the direction that was chosen back then.

2 comments:

  1. Slightly better than I could do. I give it a thumbs up for having the guts and nuts to do it. I changed my mind, I could do better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad thing is that I couldn't do better, but there are extremely talented artists who I can use for my home games and to trigger some written inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Generic messages by Anonymous users will be deleted.